The living room is the most public area where you meet, watch TV with friends and do most of your entertaining. The decoration of a living room should mainly serve the purpose of both welcoming visitors as well as providing a private and personal space for the homeowner.
The followings are the 4 basic layouts and its strengths you may need to know in order to decorate your own living room;
– Suitable for mismatched furniture pieces such as an armchair, an ottoman, and a couch.
– Creates better traffic flow because furniture is placed farther away.
– Tends to be more formal.
– Great for sectional furniture.
– Feels cozy.
– Works when hosting many guests.
– Appropriate for square spaces because it takes the edge away.
– Works well with lots of guests.
– Can seem off-kilter if the furniture doesn’t have consistent shape.
– Best fit for the conversation purpose.
– Can feel formal or cozy depending on accents.
– Is limiting in terms of expanding seating.